That Great Journey.

When the dusk came knocking,
After paying the day’s debt,
Did I welcome her? Gladly!
‘Journey with me then’ she said; positively I reacted.
Nod and smiles, which one came first?


As we pass through the broad path,
The one many foot had tread,
With weak bones and heavy eyelid,
I hold fast to my water skin,
Sluggishly maneuvering the feet ahead.

Amidst struggle for the fore
Several hurt was what they bore;
Men of spirit-great and valour’s pour,
Couldn’t make it down the floor of
The path which GRACE took me.

Now it’s the crack of the dawn,
Daylight brimming from the sun
Beautiful faces from that path
Survivors coming out stronger
‘Twas indeed a great journey.

Akinsehinwa Damilola

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Youth-Fool

THE BEGINING OF THE END (short story)

Peseverance's Fruit.