Thoughtful itinerancy.

Once, covertly, I wandered deep in my thoughts
Cloudy but murky, I must have been worried
Why do men die?
Said I to myself; which path to tread back to immortality.
Or am I lost within mine own self?


Once, covertly, I wandered deeper in my thoughts
Vehemently but passionately, I argued loud
Why are men poor?
Said I to myself; which path to tread back to riches.
Or am I lost within mine own self?

Once, covertly, I wandered to the deepest of my thoughts
Wordlessly but loudly, I must have been worried
Of what gain is politics?
Said I to myself; which path to tread back to true democracy
Or am I lost within myself?

Once, covertly, I wandered more in my thoughts
Honestly this time to my conscience
Is war coming?
Said I to myself; which path to tread back to peace- quivering.
Or am I still lost within mine own self?

 Akinsehinwa Damilola

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Youth-Fool

THE BEGINING OF THE END (short story)

Peseverance's Fruit.